VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Body and paint in good shape.  Refrig and sink cabinet missing, but other cabinet good.  No canvas in popup.  No engine.  At sometime this was well taken care of, paint not faded.  If anyone interested, I can send text you pictures.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my 81 westy is missing whatever plastic or rubber trim that goes around the front edge of the pop top opening. On the left and right side I have a white rubber like trim that slips over the edge of the trim panel and then presses against the metal roof opening. It is roughly a 90 degree L shaped trim "I Think."  Just one of those niggly things I wish was correct.

Gerald

I saw the westy at the junkyard in May - probably not there now.  I don't remember the name of the yard but I think my son has their number.  If you are really interested I can have my son call and ask if it is still there.  We live about 15 minutes from the yard so wouldn't be a problem to run over and take a picture so you could see if the part you need is on it.

Gerald H. said:

my 81 westy is missing whatever plastic or rubber trim that goes around the front edge of the pop top opening. On the left and right side I have a white rubber like trim that slips over the edge of the trim panel and then presses against the metal roof opening. It is roughly a 90 degree L shaped trim "I Think."  Just one of those niggly things I wish was correct.

Gerald

thanks Diana that would be great if its no bother. Not really a major issue but just no westy's especially early westy's in junk yards around here.

cheers

Gerald

Gerald,

The junkyard couldn't tell me over the phone if they still had the westy.  My son drove over today to check it out and the westy is no longer there.  Sorry.

Diana

Gerald H. said:

thanks Diana that would be great if its no bother. Not really a major issue but just no westy's especially early westy's in junk yards around here.

cheers

Gerald

Well thank you very much for your efforts on my behalf, I do appreciate that.

cheerio

Gerald

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service