VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Hi.

We joined the group only a couple of days ago and although we are not yet owners of a VW bus we're hoping to put that right in August when we arrive in the U.S. for an extended holiday (to start checking things off our bucket list).

Our plan is to purchase a Westy when we arrive and then set off for various destinations across the country so we will probably be looking for lots of advice on campgrounds, routes etc.

Our first port of call is Salt Lake City and Bonneville (for Speed Week) where we'll hire a car and then start our search for a bus. (actually we'll be starting that search much earlier -we're already looking on the Samba site).

On the bucket list we have, at the moment, Route 66, Niagara Falls, Fall in New England, New York, Washington, Daytona and New Orleans before we head off for Mexico and Central America.  Others may be added if time permits and, of course, if anyone has any suggestions.......

We are really looking forward to our visit and hope that we catch up with some of the family "on the road"

Regards

Marie and John

Perth

Western Australia

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marie and John,

Welcome... I must say you guy's know how to take a vacation!

There is a lot of helpful people and information on this site, and I'm sure you guy's will make many new friends!

Do you know what year model Westy your looking to purchase?

Please start a blog from start to finish of this extended holiday, I would love to read and see pictures of this epic trip!

I am truly jealous

Shawn 

Then you won't want to miss Westies at Watkins (Glen) in New York's  Finger Lakes Region in September. It's on the calendar, check it out!  Beautiful fall foliage colors and a trip around the racetrack in your new Westy!

Thanks Shawn.

After 44 years of full time work we reckon that we've earned a decent holiday in our retirement.

We hope to start a blog for our family and friends in Oz and the U.K. and, of course, any members of the VW Family who might be interested.

As far as the Westy is concerned, we're hoping to find a decent Bay that is ready to go. A splitty would be nice but likely to be out of reach of the pocketbook.

SHAWN LOCO said:

Marie and John,

Welcome... I must say you guy's know how to take a vacation!

There is a lot of helpful people and information on this site, and I'm sure you guy's will make many new friends!

Do you know what year model Westy your looking to purchase?

Please start a blog from start to finish of this extended holiday, I would love to read and see pictures of this epic trip!

I am truly jealous

Shawn 

Sounds like we may be able to add Watkins Glen to Bonneville and Daytona!!

westywoman said:
Then you won't want to miss Westies at Watkins (Glen) in New York's  Finger Lakes Region in September. It's on the calendar, check it out!  Beautiful fall foliage colors and a trip around the racetrack in your new Westy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service