VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Howdy Folks,

I've removed the ac unit from my '85 Westy to convert that space back into storage - like it used to be pre-'85. I'm looking for the long, oval-shaped cabinet door to cover the opening. I've got the brown trim motif in my Westy.  Anyone have one for sale, or know of a junkyard I could contact?

Thanks,

Greg H.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Talk to me about the air conditioner?

size

watts

BTU's

why you are not using it

Just wondering.

Thanks,

Larry

Hey Larry,

Two things........

#1) The air conditioner has never worked ever since I first got the van,  I've been told that the ac "performance" isn't all that great anyway, and to not spend the money to get it fixed. So, for the past 7 years, I've never used the ac. Yes.....I do live in a place where ac is not really needed (Santa Barbara, CA), but I probably wouldn't use it even if it worked for the extra draw on fuel consumption.

#2) Before owning this van, I owned an '81 air-cooled that did have the storage compartment I'm speaking of (complete with the nice oval-shaped cabinet door), and I liked that extra storage space.  I'd like to get back to that design.

I guess I could always make a door myself, but the inside of my van happens to be in fantastic original condition, and I'd love to trim out the opening with a "correct" door.

Greg H.

Thanks for sharing, and hope to meet you some time at gathering.

Larry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service