VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Hey Brett, what can we do to keep unwanted solicitations off the website? Obviously, I'm never going to respond to these morons, but is there any way of blocking them?
This is not your fault. You are running a great website. 
Cheers, Bill

Views: 28

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think I got one today from joy.real50@yahoo.com? I remember a post warning us about this. But can't remember if they posted a specific email, etc. Is there any way to block this sort of thing? Thanks!
Hey Bill - I'm not sure I understand what's happening. Can you explain?

I got one too. same user. most likley thier yahoo acct got hacked.

or they are just a spammer. 

as a result f this i was looking for a way to filter what i get emails i revive. is there nay way to just turn off email notifications?

I could not find one.

Adam

Big Blue's Driver said:

Okay guys - thanks for the heads up on this. Adam - I'm looking into your email controls and will let you know.

To combat SPAM in the future, we will now approve all members before they are allowed to post.

We are also setting up a fake account as the spammers seem to know how to avoid admins so we don't find out about them.

Again, thanks for the heads up.

-Brett and team

Adam-

You can control what email you receive by going to "Settings" on the right side. Once you click on that find "email" on the left side of the next page. You can control all your email settings there. At the bottom of that page is a place to say "send no emails" or something like that and that will stop them completely.

Best,

Brett

Adam said:

I got one too. same user. most likley thier yahoo acct got hacked.

or they are just a spammer. 

as a result f this i was looking for a way to filter what i get emails i revive. is there nay way to just turn off email notifications?

I could not find one.

Adam

Big Blue's Driver said:

Guess I shouldn't have replied. All she wanted was my bank account information, first of kin and blood type. All in exchange for loving me long time, $11,000 more and she can come to America to be my bride.

Or not. Just sayin. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service