VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Okay All - play with this forum and see what works and what doesn't. Put issues in this thread. Thanks. - Brett

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dig it. I think the calender aspect could use some work though. For example, it would be nice to have a larger calender option, or at least to be able to click on dates that have stuff going on (like Bothe Napa) and see the details for that campout. Or a dropout menu if there is more than one thing on that day. For some reason, I could click on Nov 9, but no other day.

Also, the Riv top in the upper banner pic is great!

It seems this forum could be easily expanded to any other part of the country that might show interest, which is a nice option. I also like the ease of media uploading as well as home pages and whatnot.
I like this place. Very user friendly and visually appealing.
I'll work on the calendar & see what we can do...

Romy said:
I dig it. I think the calender aspect could use some work though. For example, it would be nice to have a larger calender option, or at least to be able to click on dates that have stuff going on (like Bothe Napa) and see the details for that campout. Or a dropout menu if there is more than one thing on that day. For some reason, I could click on Nov 9, but no other day.

It seems this forum could be easily expanded to any other part of the country that might show interest, which is a nice option. I also like the ease of media uploading as well as home pages and whatnot.
Romy - Can you add events to the calendar?

Romy said:

I added the two possible December campouts. The odd thing is, the first one on the 5th/6th shows up on the calender all the time, yet the second one (12th/13th) only shows up on the calender when you look at it under 'my events'. By shows up on the calender I mean that it shows up as a clickable link on those days.
I can see both in both calendar views. I like that we can reply with if we can attend or not.
Perhaps, on the home page of the site, instead of the chat window you can make all of the upcoming events pop up in their own window?
They are on the side. You mean put the events where the chat is?

Is there any way to get rid of the "Gift" thing/window in the homepage? It seems like everybody has one, and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I ended up sliding it down to the bottom of my page.
yeah - I think that is a "Ning" thing. Kinda dumb. But it seems like that, the google ads and the "Invite" tab are all locked as part of the system.

Jenn Frederick said:
Is there any way to get rid of the "Gift" thing/window in the homepage? It seems like everybody has one, and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I ended up sliding it down to the bottom of my page.
I like it. It's easy to use. Has almost everything you can think of.
Let's see if it approaches "critical mass" and enough people start using it to make it worthwhile. I'll sit down one of these nights and play with it some more.

--JLT

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service