VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Since today was my 9/80 friday off from work, and I needed to get my westy fix, I took a day trip. I drove through the Santa Cruz mountains (Boulder Creek, Ben Lomand, and Felton) and went to Van Cafe to check out some 15" Rhein wheels. After spending 5 minutes at Van Cafe, I headed to the light house on West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz to check out the surfers, then headed home via highway 1.

Views: 518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love that drive. There is a bar there in Felton - on the south end - a little dive that I hit every time I am there. Maybe called the Log Cabin?

That area is still slow and quiet and nice.
Today, I am taking our '78 to some wineries here in Walla Walla Washington. It is Holiday Barrel Tasting! CHEERS!
It was raining cats and dogs (what does that mean...anyway), so fired up the Westy and drove with a friend to scout out some 81 parts. The wipers worked great. It was nice to see where I was going. They didn't skip a beat. At last. Then drove to my friends place and stabbed the motor in. It only took about 1 hour. It went well. Well...........the wipers work great. So..let it rain.......
I drove my Westy home from work lastnight (parked at work for the last 1 1/2 weeks). Today, I ran some errands including a visit to the car wash. Not sure where I'm going tomorrow, but I'm headed some where with the Westy.
I think I might drive the Westy to my mom's for Xmas...the valet guys that park it always comment on how cool it is. Kinda makes my day. And then I start worrying....are they peeling out and doing doughnuts in the garage? Maybe I'll take the KIA.
Took it to work today, where it will sit under covered parking for the next two weeks (use of work truck).
Took the Westy for a day trip yesterday to Ocean Beach to check burningvan.
Jerome, AZ.

Weird town built into the side of a mountain. Burgers, beers, and ghosts.

Will see some of you folks at BBB.
Backed up the Westy and headed for BBB.
PACKED up the westy
Stockton to Lake Havasu, 550 mile road trip today.
Love that town. Been there, done that, I think they have a bus thing at some point during the year.

jason rehm said:
Jerome, AZ.

Weird town built into the side of a mountain. Burgers, beers, and ghosts.

Will see some of you folks at BBB.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service