VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

A quick few miles off I-90 at either exit 283 or 278, this decent little park is a good spot to spend a day or two. There are several modest hikes where one can leisurely explore along the river(s), through thickets, and atop a giant rock. The only wildlife we were warned against were moose (didn't see any) but bears aren't above trudging along a riverside looking for a free lunch, so I wouldn't be too lax about leaving food out. There are rattlesnakes too, so keep an eye on kids with a predilection for flipping rocks over.

There are 17 sites all told. Numbers 16 and 17 are at the end, jutting out of the turnaround loop, and are easily the best two. Other sites are of the pull-through type and afford less privacy--though they'd be great for informal groups. Some sites can be reserved.

There is very faint road noise from I-90 (I only took notice of it when an ambulance went by), and you'll probably hear the lonesome call of a train a few times (also distant). Night is really, really dark. The town of Three Forks, with full services, is nearby.

Official Website

blog post (not all to do with this park)

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

Love the lonesome call of a train! I have never camped in MT but I have camped in Wyoming and the fall is gorgeous! I expect it is the same here! And Esme is darling. Looks like a hot dog on a stick!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service