VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

The January 23-24 California Cavern Campout event information has been updated. See the calendar listing.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's good we have the BLM maps, and learned a lot in the process. I was wondering A. How will we know where to camp if we don't actually see the land and, B. How will we ever find each other if we don't meet and caravan. So, I wanted to drive up there and I asked the manager where we could camp. March seems kinda open; what about a vernal equinox camp out in the wild land?

Regis said:
So, after all that , where are we gonna go, dialogue, they're going to let us camp right there. Foo tunny!
So this means no BLM camping?
I'm trying to talk Regis (or anyone else) into looking for a good BLM site for the Vernal Equinox in March. I don't have good BLM radar. The possible BLM on Fricot Rd. was a little far from the cavern and access was uncertain. So with only two weeks to go, I drove up there, and looked around and made a decision. it's pretty quiet in terms of visitors to the cavern. I did not want to stay at an RV park, so this seemed a good compromise. I hope this works for you both. The camping price is essentially the same :-)

Jenn Frederick said:
So this means no BLM camping?
Ok! It will be fun BLM or not. :-D
Avoid Highway 26 going through Valley Springs until they lock up the drive-by shooter who is on the loose over there.

Shari G-E said:
I'm trying to talk Regis (or anyone else) into looking for a good BLM site for the Vernal Equinox in March. I don't have good BLM radar. The possible BLM on Fricot Rd. was a little far from the cavern and access was uncertain. So with only two weeks to go, I drove up there, and looked around and made a decision. it's pretty quiet in terms of visitors to the cavern. I did not want to stay at an RV park, so this seemed a good compromise. I hope this works for you both. The camping price is essentially the same :-)

Jenn Frederick said:
So this means no BLM camping?
I called John at California Cavern just to make sure everything is fine there in spite of the weather. I'm waiting to hear this evening.
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?
Yeah, Jenn and I will try to make it there around noon, and we'd like to go with on the 2pm tour.

Shari G-E said:
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?
We should be getting a bunch of pine; we'll bring some for the fire. "Bring wood and wine."

Shari G-E said:
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?
How would a person get directions to the hot springs or any info on how to get to any of these outings.

Romy said:
Yeah, Jenn and I will try to make it there around noon, and we'd like to go with on the 2pm tour.

Shari G-E said:
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?
Hi, Romy and Jenn are hosting the Hot Springs trip and you can check the calendar for their contact info. Mike and I are spearheading the cavern trip and I've posted the cavern website and the address to "google map" it. Of course, you can ask where everyone is coming from and get directions from them or even caravan with some. If you don't find what you need on the Calendar page, post your questions--I check e-mail on my phone often. Hope you can make it!

Michael Hewitt said:
How would a person get directions to the hot springs or any info on how to get to any of these outings. Romy said:
Yeah, Jenn and I will try to make it there around noon, and we'd like to go with on the 2pm tour.

Shari G-E said:
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?
I just realized that persons (such as myself this morning with iphone instead of laptop) using "mobile" versions don't have full bar from which to select the calendar tab, for example. Hummm . . . . I may have to login thru safari?

Michael Hewitt said:
How would a person get directions to the hot springs or any info on how to get to any of these outings. Romy said:
Yeah, Jenn and I will try to make it there around noon, and we'd like to go with on the 2pm tour.

Shari G-E said:
I just talked to John at the cavern: the cavern is open (they have a pump running) and the camping area is fine. He reminded me that they have picnic tables, BBQ grills and the group fire pit (bring wood), and the heaters will be on in the bathrooms. We're a little under the weather at our house, but at least part of "us" will make it, I think. Should be good weather this weekend. For those going, should we aim for the Saturday, 2pm tour?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service