A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.
Here's a suggested outline for introducing yourself to others in the group.
Look forward to getting to know you.
Hi, I'm _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (name)
1. I own/drive a VW type .....
2. First VW purchase year
3. Location including country
4. Where you have driven in your VW
5. Where you have camped in your VW
6. Most fun moment(s)
7. What got you started in the VW world
8. What you most love about having a VW
9. What you'd like from this group
10. What you'd like to offer to this group
11. Your personal likes/dislikes or something else about you
12. Are you on Facebook? If yes, please post your name (a copy your page address, http:// ...is best), so we can find each other.
13. Anything else?
Hello. I am Paula Whitney and live in Walnut Creek California.
I drive a 1997 Eurovan camper and am the original owner. It was a dream of mine since childhood to own a VW camper and as much as I covet the charm of the older styles, when it came to obtaining one for our family, we opted for the new model. The van has been multi-purpose for us, being a car to haul a group (we have the one with the removable extra bench seat), move furniture, and, of course, take road trips.It has been our primary vehicle for many years of road trips to visit family in Washington State. With each visit we work to find new spots while still visiting ones we enjoyed on previous trips. (We are not above out of the way side trips like Glacier and Yellowstone.)
I have had an account on VW Camper Family for at least a couple years, but I have not been active. Now recently retired, I hope to have more opportunity for adventures. Having met one of your active members last weekend at a local neighborhood car show I was reminded that VW Camper Family is a good way to begin.
I hope to connect with a community of like minded individuals, make new friends, and expand my knowledge of the VW camper line, and the many places of delight to take them.
Thank you - Paula Whitney