VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Uncategorized (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Northern California Trip Suggestions?

So our 79' westi (Dharma Van) took a trip from Oakland to Dillon beach with zero issues and at a good speed. My wife and I have 5-6 days of…

Started by Dharma Van

11 May 18, 2011
Reply by Dharma Van

Electrical question

Hello - I just brought an 84 West Vanagon. If I plug it in will it automatically draw power from that and not th ebattery....or do I need t…

Started by Damon Foster

5 May 4, 2011
Reply by Damon Foster

Bin Laden's death

I don't care who you are, Bin Laden's death has to be the best news we've heard in the last deacade! I'm not the type to be extatic about t…

Started by Mike Van Heest

2 May 3, 2011
Reply by Big Blue's Driver

Gas is Gas , Right?

Just an update . I was trying to get more hp out of my engine because I felt it being sluggish and I turn to you guys for help , and got…

Started by 79 TIm

1 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Laurianne

Aux battery powers fridge only?

So I was reading the 79 camper manual and it turns out the aux battery only runs the fridge. What's the protocol if you want to run the rad…

Started by Dharma Van

3 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Dharma Van

air cooled vanagon exhaust system - oregon?

Hi - newbie here....   just purchased an 82 vanagon w/ country home conversion, and found out that the entire exhaust system needs to be re…

Started by ryan berk

0 Apr 12, 2011

Anyone interested in a NorCal Spring Van down by the river Cruise?

Found a free day use area in Lake Berryessa (Napa) which looked pretty nice.         Thinking of a leisurly cruise on a Sunday afte…

Started by 63busguy

7 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by Ned Zoller

New Logo...?

I LIKE IT!!!   However, Splittie owners will love it more,  Bay window owners like myself would like a Bay Window featured, Vanagon owners…

Started by Gregory Moore

27 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Big Blue's Driver

pop top roof hinges

I have a '71 Westfalia with the pop top.  The pop top is missing the front hinges.  Does anyone know where I could find those hinges?  I sa…

Started by Brian Ward

5 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Brian Ward

The great part out........

Might be buying a 84 Vanagon GL for parts, taking the front two seats, gauge cluster, and motor. I know that it doesn't leave much else wha…

Started by aaron piatkowski

3 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by tom & tammy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service