A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.
Bus Chain Gang at Convict Springs in Mayo Florida January 22-24, 2016.
Looking forward to another great time.
Beautiful time of year, great weather (at least 1/2 the time) depending on where your traveling from.
Group breakfast Saturday morning, come to the pavilion and start cooking to be ready from 9-10am. Emphasis on breakfast burritos.
Saturday night pot luck, 6pm.
Sunday morning many of us have breakfast at the campground restaurant.
Check out the campground at their website http://www.suwanneeriverrendezvous.com/
Map at the bottom of this page http://www.suwanneeriverrendezvous.com/information/
Info on sites/rates
Make your reservations online here https://www.campingfriend.com/suwanneeriverrendezvousresortandcampground/default.asp?file=reservationHercules&external=&tabs=&source=
1) For those not wanting or needing a site with electric or water you can pay the Primitive Fee of $20.00 a night per bus and pull in next to us, the pavilion, or anyone who is with the group and doesn't mind.
2) You don't need to reserve, but it is recommended if you want electric and/or water.
3) I think most electric sites now have 120v 30AMP outlets. It is wise to pick up an adapter (male 120v 30amp 3 wire to female 120v 20a 3 wire).
4) The picnic pavilion we use for cooking and eating and the main fire pit is near sites 40.
5) For the past 7 years or so we have a local who delivers a trailer of fire wood for $100.00 for use mainly at the main fire pit near the pavilion and donations usually come to right about the cost of the wood. (It's amazing how close it usually comes)