VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Since today was my 9/80 friday off from work, and I needed to get my westy fix, I took a day trip. I drove through the Santa Cruz mountains (Boulder Creek, Ben Lomand, and Felton) and went to Van Cafe to check out some 15" Rhein wheels. After spending 5 minutes at Van Cafe, I headed to the light house on West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz to check out the surfers, then headed home via highway 1.

Views: 518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We drove out to our local desert, to the Agua Caliente State Park campground. We did this despite predictions of rain (SoCal folks are weather wimps!) and found the campground was nearly* empty due to the 'threat' of rain!

For 'rain', we had three short showers during the night. And a bit of drizzle on us while we prepared breakfast the next morning.

And we had a rainbow on our way driving back home. :-D
http://vwcamperfamily.ning.com/photo/dsc4588-1?context=latest

(*Unfortunately, there was a family in a site near ours whose parents were Inconsiderate Campers. At 1:30 AM, Simon walked over to them and requested the inconsiderate parents to stop making noise. That worked, but from 6:30 AM to 7:30 am one of their younger kids was mewling/wailing. Wanted mom or someone to come provide comfort. Unfortunately, the parents were too tired since they'd been up *making noise* until 1:30 am ... Saddest thing is, at least one of their kids heard their parents providing this poor example, because the following morning we heard that kid mimicing Simon's request.)
We were walking our dog yesterday in an area that used to be woods near our house but is now being cut out and developed. It used to be, here in Wilmington, NC, that they would leave most of the nice trees up when building and cut a way into a lot to build a house. Now, they pretty much just only leave these scraggly pine trees that are tall, spindly, and sure to snap in two during a hurricane one day.

Anyway, my wife noticed some little Magnolia trees that were starting to take off. So, today, we went and hopefully saved a few of them from a bulldozer. We drove the bus down, brought them back up, and now, they are planted in various places around our front and side yard. I hope one or two of them make it.

Greg
We were walking our dog yesterday in an area that used to be woods near our house but is now being cut out and developed. It used to be, here in Wilmington, NC, that they would leave most of the nice trees up when building and cut a way into a lot to build a house. Now, they pretty much just only leave these scraggly pine trees that are tall, spindly, and sure to snap in two during a hurricane one day.

Anyway, my wife noticed some little Magnolia trees that were starting to take off. So, today, we went and hopefully saved a few of them from a bulldozer. We drove the bus down, brought them back up, and now, they are planted in various places around our front and side yard. I hope one or two of them make it.

Greg
Pickup up the Westy from work today and ran some errands around town. Can' wait for my long weekend (9/80 friday off and President's day off. I need to go camping somewhere. Any one camping this weekend?
Brought the Westy home lastnight from my covered parking at work. Planning to packup the Westy today while Deb is at work and we will headout to Fernwood campgrounds in Big Sur tomorrow.
Headed home after a weekend camping trip to Big Sur.
Going to Freeze Yer Toe at Edisto next weekend! Oh man, the East Coast camping season is just about to hit. I'm obviously not very excited.
Took El Gordo Azul out to a buddy's winery Friday night. Drank wine right from the tanks in Big Blue parked on the crush pad with our wives and had burritos. Awesome time!

Took da Westy for an outing and hungout at the ranch.    Thinking of a one night camping trip next Saturday.

Our bus has been parked since October for the winter so I am very jealous reading the trips you are all enjoying. Here in Kimberley BC we got almost 3' of snow yesterday so after shovelling for the day I went into the garage just to " talk" to Gertie, our 77 bus. May 1st seems a long ways off right now. :)

I just went shopping  in mine. :D

If I had a BIG shop/garage like Gary and Evelyn Marrs, I would campout in the Westy in the shop/garage whenever I needed a Westy rush.  :))

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service