VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

Are there any good places left to find parts in N.California? ie.. junk yards?

Been trying to find a couple of doors for my 68 bus. Don't want to go 1000 miles for them!! Does anybody know where to look? I will keep it on the DL

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

68 doors are one year only... Sorry to say you might be looking for a while. I did see two early bays in the moss landing pick n pull a few months back.

Thanks I will Check that. I know they are one year only but sure newer ones will fit. Better then no door!!

I have a set of doors off of something slightly later - early 70s. Should fit yours, though the latches would be different. You're welcome to them for free if you can get down to Napa. I think one has a dent but they are pretty rust free as I recall and all there - windows and everything.

There's this place up north of you as well - near the Oregon border: http://www.bigbluevw.com/2010/01/big-blue-visits-moe-garcias-vw-yar...

Would love them!!!!   Im sure they will fit. What color are they? Not that it matters

Big Blue's Driver said:

I have a set of doors off of something slightly later - early 70s. Should fit yours, though the latches would be different. You're welcome to them for free if you can get down to Napa. I think one has a dent but they are pretty rust free as I recall and all there - windows and everything.

Van's in Santa Rosa if he's still doing it - 707-576-1216

I was crusing thru Modesto a month ago and seen an all vw junkyard.  I dont know what street.  I remember it was in southern Modesto on a street that took me on to 99 south

Love it when I have time to pull over and walk through such a place...

Ma'ili Point Westy said:

I was crusing thru Modesto a month ago and seen an all vw junkyard.

"Eric Zitzmann" <woodslat@yahoo.com>, has the largest selection of used Bay Window parts anywhere. He is in Sac.

Thanks!! Good to know!
 
The Canterbury's said:

"Eric Zitzmann" <woodslat@yahoo.com>, has the largest selection of used Bay Window parts anywhere. He is in Sac.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Big Blue's Driver.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service