VW Camper Family

A camping forum for VW bus and camper owners.

We are here in Hollister and heading south tomorrow. We are going down to Acton to the the Thousand Trails there until next Friday when we will be heading out to Death Valley. Hoping to see many of you there. Then it's off toward BBB.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Guys,
Right now we are in Acton, which about 10 miles from Palmdale in a Thousand Trails called Soledad Canyon. We will be here until the 8th when we will be heading over for the Death Valley campout. Weather was good all down and had a smooth cruise from the Thousand Trails called San Benito in Hollister. We crusied down to highway 5 the back way on hwy. 25 in the back country. It was a beautiful drive. Then of course there was hwy5 and it sucked from that point on. But now that we are here life is good again.
Gary Marrs said:
Hi Guys,
Right now we are in Acton, which about 10 miles from Palmdale in a Thousand Trails called Soledad Canyon.

Happy trails. I'll see you at BBB. Look for the beige and white Westy with the Dormobile top.
We don't get you at Death Valley?
Joe Ehrlich said:
We don't get you at Death Valley?

Nope. Sorry. I'm planning that big Arizona trip that starts with BBB and ends with a big SCA event near Phoenix around Presidents Day. So I'll be gone a month, and I didn't want to take any more time off my nano-business.

That means that I won't be at Rio Vista, either. I guess you guys will all cope somehow.
You'll be missed, John. Bon voyage!

John LaTorre said:
Joe Ehrlich said:
We don't get you at Death Valley?

Nope. Sorry. I'm planning that big Arizona trip that starts with BBB and ends with a big SCA event near Phoenix around Presidents Day. So I'll be gone a month, and I didn't want to take any more time off my nano-business.

That means that I won't be at Rio Vista, either. I guess you guys will all cope somehow.
I am sitting at Starbucks in Bakersfield (our pre-arranged meeting spot)and Melissa just pulled in. I thought that I had lost her. Amazing, my old bus getting here first. Now, off to find camping in the big city.
Joe Ehrlich said:
The photos so far:

Looks like you're having fun. I'll be heading out tomorrow, trailer in tow, for BBB and points east. Wish me luck.
Have a safe trip.

My dad and our neighbor will fly in from Hawaii tomorrow and I will pick them up at SFO. Wednesday morning we will drive to Stockton, wait for my brother to get home from work then headout early Thursday morning. We will have two vehicles (Westy and Deb's SUV)

See you at BBB. Let me know if you find a good camp spot between Bakersfield and BBB.
I am fond of Nipton. Great train watching. Great sunsets. Bring earplugs.

Frank Alvarado said:
Let me know if you find a good camp spot between Bakersfield and BBB.
Jenn and I thought we might go to this, but it's looking like it's not going to happen. The bus is in need of some fiddlin' so we're going to sacrifice this trip in order to make the caverns and hot spring trip. Have fun!!
Romy said:
Jenn and I thought we might go to this, but it's looking like it's not going to happen.

I'm at Lake Havasu City now (but without the trailer ... long story). Sorry that you won't be here. I'll try to have three times as much fun, so I can cover for you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2022   Created by Big Blue's Driver.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service